Supreme Decree No. 4896 of March 22, 2023
Management of the System of Access to Justice and Public Registry of Lawyers
The Decree creates the public entity in charge of the Management of the System of Access to Justice and Public Registry of Lawyers (Gestora SAJ-RPA), dependent on the Ministry of Justice and Institutional Transparency.
The activities of the Gestora SAJ-RPA in connection to the access to justice are:
• Channeling requests for access to justice and, if applicable, providing comprehensive justice services;
• Establishing, regulating and managing the Inter-institutional Network for Access to Justice;
• Implementing operational and technological mechanisms that facilitate the management, integration, referral, and adequate care of comprehensive justice services within the Network;
• Managing and implementing interoperability mechanisms with public and private entities for the proper functioning of the Network;
• Monitoring and evaluating the provision of services of the entities that are part of the Network;
• Following up on the demand for comprehensive justice services at the national level for the application of measures that allow their adequate and timely attention;
• Assisting in the development of technological solutions for the modernization of institutional and management processes, as well as public services, in order to increase their efficiency, transparency and accessibility, within the framework of access to justice and current electronic government policies;
In connection to the Public Registry of Attorneys, the activities of the Gestora SAJ-RPA are:
• Managing the Public Registry of Lawyers;
• Managing the mechanisms and processing of complaints for breaches of legal ethics;
• Verifying that lawyers have training and experience, safeguarding the social function of public interest;
• Establishing training and updating actions and mechanisms for lawyers;
• Generating the means and instruments for the effective compliance of Law No. 387 “On the effective exercise of the Legal Profession” of July 9, 2013.
The Ministry of Justice and Institutional Transparency, within a period of no more than ninety (90) calendar days, as from the publication of the Supreme Decree, must establish the structure and operating regulations for the operation of the SAJ-RPA Manager through Ministerial Resolution.