Sergio is partner of Bufete Aguirre, Quintanilla, Soria & Nishizawa. He focusses his practice in corporate, administrative and regulatory law, as well as, arbitration and contracts. He has post graduate studies in Brazil and Bolivia on negotiation and corporate law.
He started his professional practice advising public entities on Administrative Law, as well as, a consultant for the Municipal Government of La Paz. He also acted as Síndico Suplente of Minera San Cristobal S.A.
At present, Sergio advises local and international clients in Corporate and Commercial Law, Administrative Law, Commercial and Civil Contracts, Immigration Law and Privacy Law.
Sergio has participated in important transactions that include administrative and regulatory proceedings, as well as in complex corporate restructuring involving amounts over USD650 million.
Besides advising corporate restructuring processes and preventive legal audits for the compliance of corporate and commercial formalities, Sergio advises startup companies that seek to implement innovations and new technologies.
- Master Degree in Corporate Law at Universidad Privada Boliviana (thesis dissertation pending)
- Specialization on Arbitration, Mediation and Negotiation – GVLAW, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) at Universidad Católica Boliviana “San Pablo”, Bolivia
- Graduated “cum laude” at the thesis dissertation for the Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- “Benchmarking Public Procurement in Bolivia” – World Bank
- “Doing Business” – Center for International Legal Studies.
- Ministry of Justice
- La Paz Bar Association