Santa Cruz de la Sierra
Gonzalo is partner of Bufete Aguirre, Quintanilla, Soria & Nishizawa , specialist in Tax Law. In his professional career he also counsels in Commercial, Civil and Labor Law, and in Oil & Gas and Litigation as well.
He started his professional practice at the District Court of La Paz, practicing Litigation, Civil and Commercial Law.
Later on, he started working for the National Internal Revenue Service (“Bolivian IRS”), institution where was appointed as legal counsel for the operative area, and also for the juridical and technical one.
While working for the Bolivian IRS he was promoted to Secretary of the Board and General Secretary, counselling not only the Executive President of the entity but also the Board. He was as well designated as Internal Summary Judge by the President of the institution. He was in charge of arbitrating proceedings related to administrative responsibility against public servants and former public servants.
By the end of 2006, while residing in the city of Santa Cruz de la Sierra, he worked at the Tax Superintendency (now Tax Challenge Authority), and in a tax consulting firm as chief attorney.
Later on, he was hired by the oil and gas company, Empresa Petrolera Chaco S.A. (now YPFB Chaco S.A.), where he worked for over nine years. He was appointed as Head of Legal Affairs, Corporate and Litigation Department.
Currently he is member of the Board, as Secretary, of the International Fiscal Association – Bolivia Branch.
- LL.M. on Corporate Law, at Masteries for Development, established with the technical cooperation of the Harvard Institute for International Development, Bolivian Catholic University. La Paz, Bolivia. 2004.
- LLP on Economy and Finance for Lawyers, at International School of High Studies, Santa Cruz, Bolivia. 2010
- Specialization on Civil Law at Aquino University, La Paz, Bolivia. 2002
- Diploma on High Education (University professor) at University of San Andrés UMSA. La Paz, Bolivia. 2006
- Juris Doctor at Bolivian Catholic University, La Paz, Bolivia.2002
- First in his class at the LL.M. on Corporate Law. Graduated with High Honors.
- LL.M. Thesis on Bancrupcy Law: “Negatory of Preferential Right under the Voluntary Restructuring Law”.
- JD Thesis on Commercial Law: “Public Corporations”.
- Bolivian Bar Association
- La Paz Bar Association
- Santa Cruz Bar Association
- Secretary of Justice Public Registry of Lawyers
- International Fiscal Association – IFA Bolivia
- Bolivian Institute of Tax Studies – IBET