Leonardo is a partner of Bufete Aguirre, Quintanilla, Soria & Nishizawa, and specializes in banking and finance law, corporate and company law, civil and commercial contracts and mining law, having started his professional practice in 2010 as an in-house counsel of Banco Mercantil Santa Cruz S.A.
Currently, Leonardo is representative of a group of shareholders of Banco Solidario S.A. and is he is part of the advising team to institutions of financial and micro-credit nature such as Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and Locfund II LP in international loan agreement transactions, structuration of alternative mechanisms of financing, and acquisition of equity in local entities. In addition, Leonardo provides integral corporate advising to several clients such as Grupo Omnilife S.A. de C.V.
- Specialization on Banking Law at Universidad Católica Boliviana “San Pablo” – La Paz, Bolivia (2011).
- Specialization on Bolivian Constitutional Law at Universidad Mayor de Santa Andrés – La Paz, Bolivia (2009).
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) at Universidad Católica Boliviana “San Pablo” – La Paz, Bolivia (2009). Graduated Magna Cum Laude.
- Leonardo graduated Magna Cum Laude of Universidad Católica Boliviana “San Pablo”.
- Leonardo was been qualified as a “next generation lawyer” in the areas of Banking and Finance and Corporate and M&A by the “Legal 500 Latin America”.
- Collaboration in the World Bank Group publication “Enabling the Business of Agriculture” – Year 2018.
- Collaboration in publication “Doing Business” since 2016 to this date, The World Bank.
- Speaker in the seminar “Critical Aspects in Obligations Law in Bolivia” undertaken by Universidad de los Andes on 2012.
- Ministry of Justice, Public Register of Lawyers of the Plurinational State of Bolivia.
- La Paz Bar Association.